Skunks are an obvious pest due to their odor. They also dig holes and can take up residency in or near your home or office. They are nocturnal and often dig holes in which to sleep. They will live under sheds, decks, etc. They may mark these areas as their own causing a horrible smell. The often carry rabies as well. If a skunk is scared or threatened, they will spray them causing odor and temporary blindness.
The Most Common Skunk Complaints:
- Living in the under decks and porches
- Spraying dogs or humans
- Digging holes in the yard
- Falling down into your basement
You can prevent skunks from taking up residence on your property. Install a barrier around your deck, so they cannot crawl underneath it. Make sure you do not leave your pet food outside. If you or your pet has been sprayed if you mix hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap together you can get rid of the smell.
How Do I Get Rid of Skunks?
- Call Francis Animal and Pest Control for proper, professional skunk removal
- Live traps and removal of the animal is the only option for solving the problem
- Repellent is not effective
- If the skunk fell down your window well or basement, place a wooden board in the well and it should be able to climb out
If you live in Minnesota and are experiencing problems with skunks invading your property, call Francis. We are professionals and can get the job done right the first time.
Call us at 866-838-2868 to get started.