Stray or feral cats can be quite dangerous to those in the Minnesota area. Though they look like your furry friend at home, they are wild animals and behave as such. If you see feral or stray cats, call a professional. Do not attempt to rescue these animals, they could be caring diseases. Give us a call at Francis Animal and Pest Control today.
The Most Common Feral Complaints:
- Occupying public areas
- Foul, musky scent during mating season
- Loud noises from fighting or mating
- Threats to pets or children
If a cat is born into the wild and lives its life that way, there is very little chance of domesticating it. Feral cats do not have the life expectancy of house cats, but they can survive on much less than their housebroken counterparts. The hunt and catch prey and can survive on garbage and scraps from strangers. Thought it is difficult to see those precious faces outside shivering in the cold or itching because of fleas, you should not let them into your home. Instead you should call Francis and let the professionals get them to a shelter.
How Do I Get Rid of Feral Cats or Prevent More From Occurring?
- Call Francis Animal and Pest Control for proper, professional feral removal
- Do not feed stray cats
- Do not abandon your pet cat, if you cannot keep them take them to an animal shelter
- Always have your cats spayed or neutered
- Do not approach them as they may have rabies or could scratch you
If you live in Minnesota and are experiencing problems feral or stray cats, contact your local animal services. If they wind up in your home, call Francis to trap them and safely remove them. We are professionals and can get the job done right the first time.
Call us at 866-838-2868 to get started.