Bed bugs are always in the news these days. They can infest your home, office, hotel, and more. They spread very easily and can cause a great deal of stress and discomfort. They can also become quite expensive if you have to fumigate your home and potentially others if you live in an apartment complex. If you live in the Minnesota area, take the precaution of checking www.bedbugregistry.com first before staying at any hotel to save yourself the irritation both physically and financially.
The Most Common Bed Bug Complaints:
- Itchy, irritation, swelling
- Spreading to others quickly
- Cost for fumigation
Bed bugs are attracted to blood, not dirt or filth. They are a parasite that feeds on humans and even animal blood. So, pets can bring them in as well. You can transport them to your home if you pick them up while staying at a hotel. Check your bedding for spots of blood; if you see that, you most likely have an infestation.
How Do I Get Rid of Bed Bugs?
- Call Francis Animal and Pest Control for proper, professional bed bug removal
- Chemicals and pesticides can be effective, but may also affect you or your pets
- Vacating the area – bed bugs need a host to survive, if they do not have a warm-blooded host to feed upon they will die out, this can take several months though
- Get rid of clutter, that allows a place for them to hide
- Plastic covers on furniture will seal those in bedding and furniture in causing them to die and keep others out
- Vacuuming, shampooing, and fumigating are the most effective method to ensure they are all killed
If you live in Minnesota and are experiencing problems with bed bugs invading your home or office, call Francis. We are professionals and can get the job done right the first time.
Call us at 866-838-2868 to get started.